Transport for Cape Town (TCT), the City of Cape Town’s transport authority, would like to advise residents and road users in the Foreshore and Woodstock areas of road works along the Elevated Freeways and Nelson Mandela Boulevard, Cape Town.
These road works will affect traffic in both directions of the Elevated Freeways as well as Nelson Mandela Boulevard between Walter Sisulu Avenue and Hospital Bend. Work is planned to start on Thursday, 22 September 2016 and end on 27 January 2017.
Residents and commuters who make use of this stretch of road are advised that:
- Traffic moving in both directions will be affected.
- Due to the number of lanes available and the nature of the work two lanes will be closed from time to time.
- One lane on the affected carriageway will always be open to traffic for the duration of the work.
- It is envisaged but not guaranteed that when work is carried out on the eastbound carriageway all lanes on the west bound carriageway will be open to traffic and vice versa.
- Work scheduled for: Weekends – from Friday 20:00 to Monday 05:30 Week days – from 09:00 to 15:00 if and when required Week nights – from 19:30 to 05:30 if and when required
- Traffic control will apply for the full duration over the weekend and as required during the week.
TCT thanks you for your patience during construction. Due to the expected congestion in the area TCT recommends that commuters consider making use of alternative routes.